First Baptist Church
Weaverville
History
Article Index
History
Page #2
Page #3
Page #4
All Pages

In 1954 they began making plans to build their own church.  Many of the men went to work on the building with material furnished locally.  When the basement was completed the Jeffers family moved in and used the basement as their living quarters.  The building was dedicated on Nov. 14, 1954 with Rev. Woodrow T. Young as speaker. In Oct. of 1956 a new parsonage was built on the back of the church lot.

In 1957 the church called Pastor Paul Richins to serve. He and his wife, Beverly remained until 1978, and substantial growth was seen during that time.  Considerable emphasis was placed on missions all through the years with a steady increase in the amount of money being sent. In 1977 the church began putting aside funds for a building program that began in 1979.

Following Pastor Richins, Gary Posenjak was called to be pastor in July of 1979.  During the time Pastor Gary and his wife Margo were here, the present sanctuary was built.  The building was completed in January of 1981 and was debt free.