First Baptist Church
Weaverville
Article Index
History
Page #2
Page #3
Page #4
All Pages

In 1950 Henry Boyd moved to town and bec ame involved in the work.  During the summer he held a Vacation Bible School in the old Scout house across from Lowden park.   Under his direction the little  group grew into larger quarters with regular S unday services in the Veterans' Hall. At that time the church was called the Union Church. Many others in the community joined the group. In 1952 the group decided it was time to have  a pastor and they call  ed Mr. Clarence Jeffers.  Then in August of 1953 they officially  organized as the First Baptist Church of Weaverville and voted to apply for fellowship with the California Association of Regular Baptist Churches and the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches.